Saturday, July 6, 2013

Weeks 3 & 4: In which I am lame, and then become lame

I missed a week. I didn't mean to! I continue to be amazed at how easy it is to let the days pass you by, to settle into your routine and do absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. All that time, and not a single new thing done. Astounding. But there you have it.

I intended to make up for it the next week by doing two new things, which was going to be an easy fix because I had big plans for the weekend...and then I landed myself at the doctor's office instead and did an unintentional New Thing that has since been making my life painfully difficult:
Strained deltoid ligament, anyone?
I recently (seriously) ramped up my exercise regimen, and although I thought I was being responsible about it, I apparently miscalculated myself right into a brace for the first time ever. That I've only managed to injure myself now, at age 30, recreationally exercising, when I competitively participated in three different sports all through high school, makes me feel pathetic and old. Ah, well. Supposedly if I stay off my foot as much as possible for two weeks and keep it in this horrendously inconvenient brace, I'll be good as new.

No comments:

Post a Comment